We list ten steps for you to grow climbing roses in pots easily.
- Choose a pot that is at least 18 inches in diameter and has drainage holes.
- Fill the pot with a well-draining potting mix.
- Plant the rose in the pot, making sure the roots are covered with soil.
- Water the rose thoroughly and place the pot in a sunny spot.
- Prune the rose regularly to encourage new growth and to keep it from becoming too large for the pot.
- Feed the rose with a balanced fertilizer every two weeks during the growing season.
- Water the rose regularly, making sure the soil does not dry out completely.
- Move the pot indoors during cold weather to protect the rose from frost.